To participate in the contest, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Have fewer than 500 employees or less than $500 million USD in annual revenue
- Operate at least one brick and mortar store.
- Be registered with the Secretary of State in the home state where the business is domiciled and, upon request, Entrant must provide at least one of the following as proof:
- Copy of valid Secretary of State Certificate;
- Copy of valid Business License;
- Copy of utility service or other recurring bill in the name of the small business, reflecting the street address of the small business;
- Be in good standing with the Better Business Bureau as of the date of Submission and must remain so through the end of the Contest;
- Not be in any way affiliated with a franchised business.
- Not be under bankruptcy protection or have judicial liens or attachments.
Individual entrants who submit their qualified business for consideration must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of Submission.
- Be an authorized agent of the registered business.
Submissions to the Dream Digital contest are open March 29, 2017, 12:01 a.m. EDT and run until April 23, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. During that time, small businesses can submit the aforementioned video or essay via this website, provided that they meet the pre-defined criteria. Public voting will commence on April 17, 2017 and end before midnight EDT on May 1, 2017. Votes can be cast on the Dream Digital contest website. For each vote or social share using the hashtag #DreamDigital, SAP will donate $1 to the Network for Tech Entrepreneurship (NFTE)2, a nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring young people from low-income communities to stay in school and recognize business opportunities. The winner will be notified on May 5, 2017.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Please note the following:
a) Entries that contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to vulgarity, obscenity, lewd, pornographic or violent material, or materials which promote violence or which disparage Sponsor or any other person or entity, or contain trademarked or copyrighted material will be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
b) Use of any of the following elements, including without limitation: speech/voiceovers, music, lyrics, video, stills, visuals, or other materials that are not original, in the public domain, may result in disqualification of the Entry, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
VIDEO RELEASE: Contestants who submit a video entry must agree to the following:
I hereby agree as follows:
- SAP and its affiliates are granted a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to use, edit, broadcast, reproduce, create derivative works from, license, sublicense, print, disseminate, distribute and otherwise exhibit the photos or videos I have submitted in connection with SAP, or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without payment to me or any third party, including without limitation photo press releases to media outlets and external promotions of the SAP Digital Dream Contest;
- All negatives, positives, video or audio tapes, electronic files, together with any prints shall constitute SAP property, solely and completely;
- I hereby release and discharge SAP from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the videos referred to herein, including without limitation any and all claims for libel, slander, copyright infringement , invasion of privacy, or any other claim based upon use of photos and videos referred to herein.
I am of full age and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the foregoing and fully understand the contents thereof. This release shall be binding upon my heirs, representatives, and assigns.
PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified on or about May 5th, 2017, online, by email, mail, and/or telephone at Sponsor’s sole discretion based upon the information submitted by the Entrant. The prize winner is required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permissible by law) (collectively “Affidavit”) within the time/date specified by Sponsor. Failure to comply within this time deadline will result in disqualification and the Entrant with the next highest score will be notified. If the prize winner cannot be contacted using the contact information provided on or within two (2) separate attempts, or if Affidavit/Release is returned as undeliverable, or if a prize winner cannot accept or receive the prize that they were awarded for any reason, or any non-compliance with these Official Rules, that prize will be forfeited and awarded to the Entrant with the next highest score.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES